We have many years of experience in servicing builders and home owners in selecting and handling the materials you need to get your job done right. We take the time to pick your order and utilize our delivery vehicles so you don’t have to take time away from your busy day. No one likes to wait long for something they have ordered. Chace takes great pride in the fine art of delivery service. Our delivery fleet includes: flatbeds, boom trucks, piggyback truck, box trucks, and pick-up trucks and service vans.
Is there a charge for delivery?
Deliveries over $1000 have no delivery charge. Orders less than $1000 or deliveries outside of our primary service area (about 35 miles) please contact the store for more information. Subject to change.
What days can I get a delivery in my area?
Unlike other suppliers, Chace does not have set weekly routes making you wait until we are in your neighborhood to bring you a delivery. We deliver Monday through Friday to most areas. So, arranging a delivery to your house/project is as easy as just giving us a call.
Can I get next day delivery?
Typically YES. Orders under $1000 and distance to the jobsite may add a day or two. Contact store for specific needs. We have two cut-off times.
- Orders received by 10:00 AM can be delivered same day or the following day before 8:00 AM. For example, if you place an order at 8:59 AM on Monday morning, we can deliver it to your jobsite before Tuesday at 8:00 AM.
- Orders received by 4:00 PM can be delivered to the jobsite before 1:00 PM the following day. If calling after 4:00 PM, the order will be there the following day. For example, if you place an order on Monday at 3:58 PM, you will have jobsite delivery before 1:00 PM on Tuesday. If you call in the order on Monday at 4:30 PM, it will be delivered at sometime on Tuesday.
What time will my Chace delivery arrive?
We deliver during normal business hours, Monday-Friday and we provide a two-hour window so you are not waiting all day.
Do you offer C.O.D.s—Cash On Delivery?
No. C.O.D.s are the least preferred method of payment and can be problematic. Therefore, we request that you arrange for payment of materials prior to your delivery.
Will the driver place the materials where I want them?
Our drivers will attempt to place their vehicles as close as possible to the unloading point. However, jobsite conditions may impede the placement of our delivery truck on your property. Items that would be damaged by inclement weather will be covered or put into garage areas. For safety (insurance) reasons, we are unable carry goods up or down stairs or place materials throughout a house.
What if there is a problem with the quantity or quality of materials delivered?
We make every effort to make sure your delivery is accurate and of high quality. All deliveries are verified by driver and load checker. Any claims of delivery discrepancies must be communicated with your salesperson within 24 hours of receiving your delivery.
Will you set shingles on my roof or trusses on my building?
NO. Due to insurance reasons we cannot place items on building structures (roofs or second floors). We do have some specialty equipment such as boom trucks that may help meet your needs—please talk to your salesperson for further details.
Can I get my leftover materials picked up?
YES, we can pick-up materials and return to Chace for credit. Restocking fee will apply. Any leftover materials you have should be protected from the weather to prevent damage. All pickup materials will require proof of purchase and be subject to inspection by the driver and the final inspection by Yard Manager.
*Any product returned in non-saleable condition will be disposed of and will not be credited.
- Clear an area for goods and a "place here" sign is helpful.
- Ensure driveway is clear for delivery truck and keep in mind trucks are VERY heavy.
- Have materials delivered a few days ahead of time so you can inspect them
- Check your estimate carefully to ensure you’ve ordered enough materials to complete the job
- Know where underground objects are that might interfere with delivery (i.e. location of septic tanks, drainage tile, etc.)